Accessories and headers with John B. mounts.

samh_08

Daily Driver
Oct 28, 2008
Hey guys. I have a 86' Monte carlo, and I was wondering if for one-LSx motors fit any different between the monte and malibu, and second- what accessories fit with no isssue (wont be running A/C) and which headers work with John B. mounts. I was also wondering if anyone has used these motor mounts before and could share any information on how they fit.

Another question I had is how much should I expect to pay for: 1) Front accessories, 2)Harness w/ PCM, 3) Harness w/o PCM, 4) Plain harness or PCM.

As far as pricing on used intakes and coil packs and all that fun stuff Im kind of in the dark about what I should expect to pay. I have searched around LS1tech but it seems to take hours to find one simple answer.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for any help/input,
Sam

P.S. My motor to be swapped in will be a LQ4 out of a 05 chevy truck

A

Anonymous

I'll be getting mine from BRP. http://www.brphotrods.com/history.html will have all their info on headers and mounts. I'll probably use somebody else's mounts because their kit is quite expensive! What are these John B. Mounts you speak of?
Also, check out the "need LSx swap headers for a g-body?" thread, thats where this info is from.

Jake

samh_08

Daily Driver
Oct 28, 2008
John B. off of the monte foroms did this swap and made mounts to convert to this different setup. Worked for him but I am not sure how they work with the swap headers and all that.

Any other info on the swap that I will run into?

A

Anonymous

May have to move around/ notch the rear crossmember if its stock. I've heard that 98 and up F-body long tubes will work from like Pacesetter, the thing is the drivers side collecter doesn't come out straight, and the passenger side tubes need some adjustment.

samh_08

Daily Driver
Oct 28, 2008
How about BRPhotrods headers? I just thought of another question...Will the stock truck oil pan fit, or what are my options there? Let me know, Thanks

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
samh_08 said:
How about BRPhotrods headers? I just thought of another question...Will the stock truck oil pan fit, or what are my options there? Let me know, Thanks
Good headers. Truck pan is too low! CTS-V pan is your best bet.

Look through all the threads in this section, with a little research all these questions will be answered. Good luck.

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Yep, I wish I had stuck with the CTS-V pan. Now I'm trying to figure out where to mount the remote oil filter that the Moroso pan requires. #-o

samh_08

Daily Driver
Oct 28, 2008
So it is already proven that the CTS-V pan will work? Why are all these companies selling swap oil pans then if a stocker works?

samh_08

Daily Driver
Oct 28, 2008
So where do I go about finding a CTS-V oil pan? I guess I never asked if mailibu's are identical to montes..? I just assume that what works for them, works for my monte. I want to be positive that this will work before I swap my motor in. Also, if I keep the truck intake on, can I modify it enough to clear my hood without without issue and without cutting the hood in any way? Let me know, Thanks.

Sam

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts