? about changin to hei distubor from factory 88 monte one

black80bu

Frequent Racer
Aug 28, 2004
severn,maryland
www.fquick.com
i hope i can explan this well enough lol. Im changin my brothers 88 monte over from the factory disturbutor to a stock vaccum advance hei disturb so I can get rid of the ecm. Does any one know which of the wires off of the 2 plugs that ran to factory disturb are for the tach and the battery hook up on the hei disturbor?

black80bu

Frequent Racer
Aug 28, 2004
severn,maryland
www.fquick.com
i mean from the factory 88 monte carlo est disturb or which ever the factory one is called. the factory disturb everythin is controled by the ecm. heres a pic of the factory disturb im tryin to do away with.
tbi-tpi_distributor_compare.jpg
i want to convert the monte carlo to hei but dont know which wires cut off the plugs from the factory one to put on the hei unit for the battery and tach.

crd89stang

Dragway Regular
Jun 19, 2005
attleboro ma
sorry misunderstood question i am not positive of the answer but i would think tach and power would be in separate harness[engine compartment] and the others would go to ecm

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
IIRC the module for an older distributor gets power right from the cap (weird as that sounds). When you make the + connection to the cap, there's a short harness that goes from that same area down to the module, no extra connections needed (i.e. the ones you posted), all of those are to control timing, power the module, etc.

0900823d8011b947.gif

If you look at the plug at the right, that plugs into the same area as the Battery/tach terminals (if you've ever looked at an in-cap coil, you'll see the harness actually shares the connections with the battery/tach connection). So in essence all you really need is the + connection and vacuum to make it run.

ponchwebb

Daily Driver
Jan 16, 2008
ONTARIO CANADA
the wires you want are the ones that went to the original coil from the main wiring harness the pink is 12V ignition and the white is the tach wire you dont need any of the wires that went to or came from the old dist

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts