What all needs to be hooked up to my hei dizzy?

Nov 6, 2010
I am putting my car back together after it has been apart for a while now. I went to hook up my hei but there is a wiring harness coming off the hei under and beside the vacum advance that isnt hooked to anything yet. What are the 3 wire that are together ? On the other side of the distributer I sould just need + and - right? Its a msd knock off. For the life of me I cant remember what thoughs 3 wires that are together in the little harness thingy went to. I looked and looked thinking surely there was something there that plugged into them but I found nothing that fit. The wiring on the car is a nightmare. pretty much every thing has been bypassed and simplified, but the is a rats nest of unused wires underthere and I have no idea what they all go to. If someone knew what had to be hooked to the hei in order for it to function properly it sure would help me out. thanks yall. I hope everyone had a happy thanks giving.

NEW2MALIBU

Dragway Regular
Mar 5, 2007
idaho
+ Positive
- negative
3rd wire most likely the tack

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Basically for the distributor to work you need that 3-prong plug to be plugged into the coil (where the pins come through to connect a switched 12v), that and the switched +12v are all you need for the distributor to work. Off the top of my head there is a green wire for temperature/dummy light, and the tan wire is for oil pressure/dummy light, depending on which cluster you have.

z28krazy

Amateur Racer
Apr 10, 2010
New Braunfels, Texas
El Coolmino said:
Those wires hook into the cap to trigger the coil. Then the cap gets the heavy red wire that originally powered the distributor.

Next to the + or BAT connector is a recepticle used to connect a tachometer.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts