2 fusible links at starter

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I won't use a remote solenoid again I don't think, just due to my own mistakes when I originally wired it #-o #-o #-o Instead of wrapping the starter though, try to put a heat blanket or heat shield around it. If you wrap it, any heat that gets inside will have a harder time getting out. With a blanket/shield, air will more easily flow around the starter/solenoid. Even better, see if you can make your own heat shield, and wrap that instead. That way you'll have something that will do an even better job at blocking heat, but will still allow airflow.

406Monte

Dragway Regular
Nov 30, 2007
Hubert, NC
There was a MAD kit on here for sale. I don't know if it still is but worth a look.

HP JUNKEY

Dragway Regular
Oct 30, 2008
Buffalo.NY
After some trial and error.... I wrapped it and like Doober mentioned it did hold the heat in, heat soak got worse, took off the wrap and problem kind of went away. Hooked up remote Solenoid and so far it has been O.K.
406 Monte, I got my kit before that was posted, Thanks anyways!!
Thanks Guys!

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
so does it matter what ford solenoid i use? i see in one of the links tommy posted, it said you can use "pretty much any ford solenoid".

now that we're a NAPA autopro center...we stock those cool.gif .

80montecarlo

Dragway Regular
Apr 24, 2008
cloverdale b.c. canada
any 4 wire continuous duty solenoid will work so will intermitent duty but the cont. will last longer.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts