what size stock camshaft? ????'s

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I've used everything in the Fiero over the past few years, haven't had any problems yet knock on wood... If that ever goes south I want to try to find a roller cam though (2.8 v6).

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
1981Regal said:
Vr1 has slightly more zinc and phosphorus vs the Z rod along with lower cost and easier availability.

can't argue that point....a guy I work with is an amsoil dealer. I place my order, pay cost price for it, and it shows up at work by the case. :lol:

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
Amsoil FTW. I run it exclusively in our DDs...eventually the Malibu will be on Amsoil too. The Terkle burns too much to use it, so I only run Mobil1 in that

~JM~

Weekend Racer
Aug 28, 2011
What's wrong with using Delo-400 or Rotella?

Last time that I dug into the zinc/oil issue the 2 listed above had the highest zinc content.

~JM~

Weekend Racer
Aug 28, 2011
I know that they had been reformulated a few years back, but they still have high enough levels of zinc for a diesel engine's flat tappets. I've been using Delo in all my flat tappet engines for at least 7 years now & have had no problems.

psychomotors

Dragway Regular
Mar 31, 2011
Bonne Terre, Mo
Just run a Qjet carb. That's a pretty cheap and plentiful carb. I'm still using the factory Qjet that came on my truck with a 4.3 V6 on the 1996 Vortec 305 in my truck now. Just bought a $43 rebuild kit and a few cans of Carb cleaner. Plenty of CFM when you need it and fuel mileage when you don't.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts