What did U do to your G-body today??

80MalibuDrag

Daily Driver
Jun 24, 2016
Trenton Ga
Today i didnt get to do much due to having to take time to mow and weed eat the yard, But today i managed to work a little bit on my chassi and get it ready. Installed fuel cell, battery box, master kill switch on the back, marked where my charger probes will be, and managed to dream more of what all i want to do to the car. Also got my new Moroso valve covers and moroso oil pan ready to be installed on my motor. Cant wait to get this car on the track and see how she does. Got alot of work to do but its all coming together a little bit at a time.

elcaminoss84

Frequent Racer
Sep 26, 2009
Oklahoma
Today I finally got some time to install my intercooler and start tightening up stuff in the front end to get closer to hear my motor run with a big turbo

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
the other day I swapped in a regular HEI into the stocker & bypassed all the computer crap. runs so much smoother with better response & fires up immediately

today I made a hard line from the fuel pump to get rid of my temporary rubber line. Also upped the timing on the turbo car & with this cool air it spun the tires well into 3rd gear. wow

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Looked at it and decided it will be washed tomorrow...

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK

Been working the last few days at fixing the wiring in my beater drag car Malibu, I guess someone thought all those wires were too heavy to be in a race car!!?!?

I have also been sorting out some plumbing.

I got the inner fenders mounted back up. Radiator I bought off of a member here on this site's classifieds section mounted. Going with Dodge Intrepid fan setup again. Old school Moroso valve covers and wire looms. Hooker 2455 headers in place. Went with an old style, full size starter. Had it all in and my super cool poly motor mount inserts would not cooperate so I just swapped in a parts store mount on the driver side.

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
1981Regal said:
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/volvo_electric_fan.shtml

Here is a cheaper taurus fan setup.

That looks pretty cool, I snagged a set of Intrepid fans and a set from an Aurora for $40 each. They are both dual fans with dual speeds. The Intrepid fans and shroud fit almost like factory. I just hung a simple bracket from the upper Olds metal style radiator mount down to the shroud and another to the bottom of the radiator support where the stock fan shroud mount is. Same witdth. A little short, maybe an inch.

The Aurora fans are on separate shrouds/mounts. They have more blades on each fan.

New from RockAuto.com the Intrepid fans areally $90 with the shroud.

I like the Volvo relay controller too.

thyphtmbu

Amateur Racer
May 18, 2014
Up in the moutian.
Cut the crash bars out of the doors and some sorounding sheet metal on the doors. 33 pounds cut out. Still have roll up glass windows. Nice on a hot day at the track to roll down the windows for some fresh air.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Clicked a button on my wife's iPad and ordered an NOS passenger side headlight bezel.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts