What did U do to your G-body today??

Blue Knight

Frequent Racer
Mar 23, 2012
Well I haven't been on here much after selling my Malibu but received a pm looking for one so heres an update on my mustang build. Im now well hated by most in the Ford community...lol

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Built Ford Tuff with Chevy stuff! :D

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
Stuck the cam and lifters in the 267 and then went back inside into my AC. Grrr I hate humidity

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Picked up my freshly-rebuilt 7.5" rear (yeah, I know) for one of my Malibus I'll be selling soon. All re done, with new bearings, seals, Eaton posi unit, Richmond 3.42 gears, etc...
Cleaned up the surface rust (hardly any, Virginia car...you can easily see all the part numbers stamped on each bracket on the rear end, pretty cool!) and am going to paint when it stops raining! Can't wait to see how the car is going to be now...went from a 2.41 ( I think) to a 3.42. Should haul off the line now!

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
^sweet!

Yesterday i spent a few hours cleaning gasket surfaces. Put on the Cloyes roller chain and threw the cover on and the intake.

Slowly coming together.

Has anyone fired up a motor on an engine stand? Kinda want to set the valves and stuff before stuffing it into the car.. Or will it be too top heavy?

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Most engine stand aren't stable enough to run a V8 engine. I wouldn't. You can set the valves with out it running....

nillabu

Dragway Regular
May 16, 2008
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Replaced my old Accel dizzy with a new D.U.I. Street/Strip and replaced the 15 year old Accel
shorty plugs with new ones. The new ones are a tad shorter by the way. Gapped the plugs to .050" and set the base timing at 12 degrees for now
with 22 degrees mechanical all in by 2500. I'm pretty impressed with the way it runs...so far. Vacuum advance is
on manifold vacuum as before.

Seems to have quieted my left side roller rockers considerably, stopped a small nagging rear pan seal leak and steadied the idle oil pressure
ALLOT. 15 years ago I slotted the lower dizzy boss thinking more oil on the gears would be a good thing. Either I created
too much of a groove or had it in the wrong spot, or both. Either way, wasn't necessary for my setup. Still read too many
magazine articles :lol:

Stroked383

Amateur Racer
Dec 28, 2005
St louis Mo
Looked at the car, then went out and bought some more lawn equipment.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts