Wagon Build.... LSX w/ single turbo

A

Anonymous

Re: Wagon Build....

I'll keep updating as I go further. I have a TON of pics. These are just the majority of the good ones.

I am definitely going to be cleaning up the underside and the engine compartment and suspension components. Just need to get it tore down this weekend and I can start on that. Didn't want to go messing with anything quite yet on it until I got the majority of the hard stuff mocked up.

Planning on doing an 8.8 swap that a friend has laying around. Some rear disc brakes on it too. I have to pick up the IceMan radiator core support. Will give me some added room for the turbo mounted up front. Always wanted to do one like that, haha. Then pick up his upper and lower adjustable LCA's too.

This isn't my first LS1 car at all. But I was always a huge nitrous guy. This was my 408 '99 Z28

P1010384.jpg

P1010380.jpg

P1010378.jpg

P1010386.jpg

Jordan81

Pro Stocker
Feb 10, 2004
wichita, ks
looking good, your making a whole hell of a lot of progress. nice z also, we are doing a 98 z28 as of right now... should go 5 something i the 1/8th with an 88mm. have any more pics of the f-body?

check this bad biitch out
http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70167

A

Anonymous

Jordan81 said:
looking good, your making a whole #### of a lot of progress. nice z also, we are doing a 98 z28 as of right now... should go 5 something i the 1/8th with an 88mm. have any more pics of the f-body?

check this bad biitch out
http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70167

That's gonna be a sick Z28!!! We are primarily a 1/4 track up here in WI. Just was a simple 10.02 on a 150 shot w/ the old 382 all bore. The 408 went 10.30's on motor, and never got to spray it because it would just blow through the converter. Was the same one from the 382 all bore setup. Borrowed a Beck mechanical sheetmetal intake for it just to see how it would react to a pretty basic motor(10.5:1, 853 casting heads, small cam, etc..). Actually worked pretty damn well. Will have to try and find some more pics.

The progress has been over the past month, just posting pics know since it was a "cat let out of the bag" on my local boards. Always try and have some suprise over winter, but someone found some pics on one of the other boards, haha. Picked up all the gaskets today(damn LSx engine's have so many damn gaskets, haha).

procharged

Amateur Racer
Oct 15, 2006
Maryland
do you have any more pics of how the cage turned out with the factory dash ?? or a pic of how u cut the dash to around the cage ?? thanks

A

Anonymous

the dash is out of it right now as I'm getting things wired up right and excess wiring removed. I will definitely get some pics of that. To be honest, it's tight up against the a-pillar, but I wasn't going for any kind of "show" worthy setup, so its just cut up on the dash. Not a real "clean" install in that regard, hahaha.

juicedimpss

Amateur Racer
Jan 13, 2007
Milwaukee Wi
www.clocksoffracing.com
to get a clean cut install on the dashpad,the front glass needs to be out of the car when pulling the bars through. most of these dashes are soo brittle and already cracked it is next to impossible to cut them nice.we can still use one of those "dashcaps" to clean it up.

A

Anonymous

And there's the cage guy himself!

Yeah but then that'd make the car look semi presentable on the inside. We don't want that, hahaha

83LSWagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Spring Hill, FL
Man, between you, and chromaholic, 2/3 of my idols are on the boards! :lol: Nice wagon.

Jordan81

Pro Stocker
Feb 10, 2004
wichita, ks
chromaholic does have ultra nice wagon... damn that things clean.

A

Anonymous

Wow that thing is coming along you don't mess around do you :D

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts