vfn hoods

slim69

Amateur Racer
Mar 7, 2009
Henderson, ky
i was just wondering if any of you guys are running a vfn hood and if so how well they fit because i was thinking about ordering one for my car

2doorBu

Frequent Racer
I haven't installed on a g-body yet, but have had the front end kit installed on a 55 chevy and also a 57 chevy and loved the quality of the work. they fit great, and from the people that i have talked to that use them usually have no issues. My hood was made by a local guy by me for me car and I couldn't ask for better.

slim69

Amateur Racer
Mar 7, 2009
Henderson, ky
well i got a hardwood on my monte carlo and i ordered the vfn for my firebird they were the only company that had a hood that i liked im still waiting on it i ordered it the first part of feb and they said it takes 4 to 5 weeks i hope it fits good i gave crap load of money for it :roll:

mc1984ss

Frequent Racer
Apr 19, 2004
Wisconsin
I know someone that just got one for his 66 chevelle and it looks really nice

slim69

Amateur Racer
Mar 7, 2009
Henderson, ky
well recieved the hood today after a 9 week wait and its the biggest piece of crap ive ever seen i cant wait till monday to call them back because i give 650.00 total for a hood that i feel is worth 300.00 the gel coat is horrible and the underside is nowhere near finished like they advertise im soooo disappointed in the craftmanship of this thing but i know now to stick with a harwood i mean ive seen better hoods come from unlimited and that is sad curse_sign.gif

Al

Pro Stocker
May 25, 2003
Harker Heights, TX
I've never seen VFN advertise that the underside of their hoods were "finished". Harwood's bolt on show series are the only one's that I know of for that. The gel coat is sanded before painting so that's no big deal. The important things in a fiberglass hood are the fit and strength of the hood. Just so you know I've seen more people complain about Harwood than VFN or Glasstek. Harwoods have been known to separate while driving down the road.

slim69

Amateur Racer
Mar 7, 2009
Henderson, ky
ive had the harwood on my monte for 5 years now with no issues the girl at vfn and guy i talked to both told me that it was a finished underside hood im just pissed that i did not get what i payed for ](*,)

Redcutlass

Amateur Racer
Sep 28, 2003
Ft Walton Beach FL
Got a VFN bolt-on hood on my 81 Cutlass. Came out very nice the guy who did the paint work said that it required only minimum work. Wipers won't work with the hood even though they told me they would and that they checked that. Haven't had a wiper motor in it for ten years so I guess that doesn't matter. Finished product looks great.

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
We've had numerous VFN parts in our shop, about the same quality as Glasstek...both very good. None of them are advertised as finished on the underside from what I've seen...raw glass under the top deck, gel coat on the perimeter bracing.

There has been complaints about some of the Harwood stuff where the top/outside layer separates from the inner bracing structure. Not sure how wide spread this is or if they are rare cases.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts