Question about VFN hood

Does anyone run this hood? It is a 6" lift off that goes all the way to the windshield for an 81'-87' buick regal. I am having problems fitting it and the people at VFN told me I just needed to trim it a "little bit". Just wondering if anyone has mastered the install of this specific hood. Thanks.
IMG_5494.jpg

IMG_5496.jpg

IMG_5488.jpg

IMG_5489.jpg

IMG_5493.jpg

clint

Top Fueler
Oct 10, 2008
brodheadsville,pa
hood really looks like it would have to go way foward to me .i spent 2 weeks on a show finish harwood to get it to fit nice i feel your
pain my friend

Robert1320

Pro Stocker
The VFN stuff is very light but requires working to fit.
You can "see" the line at where they added the extra near the windshield. This is great if you droop the front end of the car
the extra length helps hide the droop and the extra length. You could cut at the line, you could measure to old hood and cut
to length. Or start somewhere in the middle and then start fitting to your desired length.

The big thing is how much of the cowl do you want to cover?

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Safety first, NO REALLY!

DANGER - CAUTION - LIFE LONG HEALTH PROBLEMS - NO SEX - BIG b**bs - Whatever it takes this is bad stuff!

You'll NEED:
Eye protection
Dust mask
Long sleeve shirt you don't care about
Well ventilated area or outside

*Fiberglass dust is NASTY stuff!*

Use a jig saw or rodac wheel and cut at the windshield base line. They made the hood longer for race or chassis cars that dont have windshild wipers or that area in-between.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts