Vacuum Pump Question

A

Anonymous

Next question..... anyone done a before and after installing a vaccume pump to see the real world results?

A

Anonymous

most engines will see 20hp a properly built engine for the pump will see more.

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
Did a little testing on the dyno today and the car picked up 20 rwhp with the addition of the vacuum pump. Take the belt off and it drops 20 rwhp.

I havent heard back from the guy with this car (rainouts the last two weekends) but on Jason's Nova the car picked up .06 on the motor putting the belt on.

BrianH323

Frequent Racer
Oct 6, 2003
NJ
Is this on a steet car? What is everyone's opinion of having a vacuum pump on a car that is street driven alot? Is it going to wear out the pump fast?

Brian

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
Our shop Nova that went to the Pump Gas Drags has a MOROSO 3 vane pump on it and sees alot of street time. We have checked/cleaned it a couple of times and it still looked brand new inside of it.

BrianH323

Frequent Racer
Oct 6, 2003
NJ
What needs to be done to seal up the engine? O-ring on the dipstick and seal the holes on the valve covers? How do power brakes get affected with a vacuum pump?

Brian

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
All gaskets need to be sealed very well (no leakers), an o-ringed dipstick is nice, seal the holes in the valve covers and start pulling vacuum.

The vacuum brakes are not affected at all by a vacuum pump. Those are affected by the vacuum inside of the intake runners, the vacuum pump pulls vacuum on the inside of the crankcase.

cableguy

Weekend Racer
Jan 3, 2005
NYC
on the engine dyno i got 21 hp out if it! every engine combo is differnt but thats just a ball park for you ! worth everypenny in my book ! :D

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts