turbo el camino vid

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
3.5" cold side, downsize coupler to 3". 3.5 v band setup on exaust side. actual size of opening is 3" with a 1.05 housing

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
cool, not to thrilled about the 3.5" exhaust, ill use the 3.5" at the v band then convert down to 3"

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
same thing I did. find a factory diesel downpipe from a factory f350, you can use the v flange and the rest of it can become your downpipe. I fit mine pretty tite with 1 pipe and usually they throw'em away when they upgrade. if you find 2 you can make your cold side as well with the same stuff. it's all t409 stainless and FREE.

siege

Amateur Racer
Oct 6, 2009
Lots of good budget info im loving it lol the cheaper the better what year was the f350 power smoke and chev y pipe i work at a wrecking yard and prolly get this stuff for nothing lol I have a ton of power smoke ic piping already and cuplers party_guitar.gif :awesome:

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
think it was from an 01'. get those couplers for sure, damn things are $150 each through most supply houses and the factory stuff flexes 10x's better than the junk from jegs. my idea was to build this on the cheap to see if i'd pull the trigger for a big budget build. it turned out nice enough to share so............if I do move up I will rep[lace the hat though.

siege

Amateur Racer
Oct 6, 2009
ya i have a ton of those ford @ dodge couplers i struck gold yesterday at work if i can get it to work lol went out to look for a down pipe in the ford's and found a banks 3.5 to 4.inch down pipe yes the boss just told me to get it out of there i might see if i can get the rest of the exhaust to play with i was going to see if i can build a 9sec turbo car for under 3000 so with your info it is helping i am in the car for 750 right know with motor and transmission picking up a 8.8 from work to so we will see how it goes lol

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
that down pipe will fit inside the frame on the pass side with a little work. you don't even need an aftermarket crossmember. oval the pipe and dump on the right side of the chassis. look up wynton m for wg and bov. they are built with good parts and are machined well for the cash...

siege

Amateur Racer
Oct 6, 2009
well got the down pipe home and was looking at it and for some reason it dumps down and to the left real hard but i think i can get it to work

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
you'll have to cut it up and reweld the pipe, don't misunderstand what I was saying. the pipe will not bolt up and fit, you have to cut it and use the sections to fit your turbo placement.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts