TRANS BREAK WONT HOLD

78boo0

Frequent Racer
Feb 13, 2007
HAZEL PARK, mi
www.niacandles.com
A FRIEND OF MINES IS HAVING PROBLEMS
I had it installed. Reverse works off the button but it won't hold in drive
FYI the trans was not rebuilt (but is built for drag racing) but is in good working condition

HIS CONVERTER IS A 5000 STALL curse_sign.gif

Hitman

Dragway Regular
Oct 15, 2004
OKC
Transbrakes only work in low gear. If his won't hold. Pull the trans and take it to a reputable race trans builder.

78boo0

Frequent Racer
Feb 13, 2007
HAZEL PARK, mi
www.niacandles.com
Hitman said:
Transbrakes only work in low gear. If his won't hold. Pull the trans and take it to a reputable race trans builder.
O thank a lot we all know that can be done ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
What do you mean by 'you had it installed'?

When we did ours, we had to pull the whole thing apart, drill holes in the sprag, follow all instructions for the valve body, etc.

Also, can you hear the solenoid engaging with the car off? Our first one was bad and wouldn't always engage.

racecar77

Pro Stocker
Aug 11, 2007
Crete,IL
78boo0 said:
Hitman said:

^^^^This comment right here is a perfect example of why most of the people with knowledge have left this site. Just saying it like it is. :(

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
Hitman said:

FYI, the brake in my glide works both in 1st and high gear, left in high gear (twice) by accident.

:oops:

Rossler Terminator 5 Pro Mod glide.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
racecar77 said:
78boo0 said:
Hitman said:

^^^^This comment right here is a perfect example of why most of the people with knowledge have left this site. Just saying it like it is. :(
i wish it wasn't so,i have much to learn here 8-[

Hitman

Dragway Regular
Oct 15, 2004
OKC
10secBu said:
Hitman said:

FYI, the brake in my glide works both in 1st and high gear, left in high gear (twice) by accident.

:oops:

Rossler Terminator 5 Pro Mod glide.

I know. High gear only is quite the rage in No Box racing. It was also quite the rage back in the late 90's around here in regular ole delay box racing. I also know this, he don't have a glide that has a brake that will work in high.

And to the OP...if you don't have the ability to pull a transmission, then racing is not the hobby for you.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts