steel wheel

bukweet

Top Fueler
Mar 22, 2005
Mississippi Gulf Coast
WHOA! Thanks for all the interest. I haven't priced that wheel center swap yet. If it's cheap enough I might go that way. I have a set of 15x7 79 Trans Am ralley II wheels I could use. I shot one all over with some cast iron gray and snapped on the ring and center cap. It now looks a lot like the early SS/Z28 5 spoke wheel. Not bad.
Just tryin' to do something different with the Poncho. I even thought about swapping the front cap off that 85 Regal I have onto the wagon. Maybe I have too much free time but that sounds sorta cool. Naa.. I'll keep it a Pontiac.
I do need to get a pic or two on here. Tell me how to do that. I'm a bit challenged when it comes to that stuff. Also, the rust from the chrome directionals on it might hurt the web site.
I love my longroof.
Off to church.
bukweet

79wagonator

Dragway Regular
Jan 3, 2006
Long Island, NY
www.cardomain.com
If it helps ya any. The wheel guy by me said it would cost $75 ea to change the offset on my 15x7 stock steelies but Im on Long Island the land of high cost of living. Its probably less down by you.
Dave 8)

bukweet

Top Fueler
Mar 22, 2005
Mississippi Gulf Coast
That's probably a pretty close estimate. I don't want to short anyone a fair wage for their talents. FAIR being the operative word there. I might just run those 15x7 rally II wheels. That's only going to cost me the price of paint, mount and balance.

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
Charlie,
The Rallye II rims would look cool on your wagon, also being Pontiac . Having the 8" wide rims would be nice, but there's nothing wrong with 15 x 7's. It's still an improvement over the old 14 x 6's.
Hope things are going well for you, your family, and getting the homestead back in order.
Take care, talk to you soon.
Jack ;)

bukweet

Top Fueler
Mar 22, 2005
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Hey Jack!
Things are good. Kids are ready for school to be out. So's the wife. My 47 year old college girl with a 4.0 grade point for the YEAR.
I think the rally II's will do. I sort of like to keep with an original type appearence on this one. I have buckets from an 83 GP that actually match in style, material and color. Looks like it came that way. I thought about a GPor Regal(not Poncho,can't happen) front cap but...........who knows.
I really hope to V8 this thing before long. I have a pile of stuff to put on it. Always gathering pieces when I find them. I think I'll start on the suspension upgrades soon. Shocks, rear sway bar, modified crossmember,gauges,shifter. Maybe if I'm doing something it will motivate me.
Remove that sold note from your signature. Finish it or you'll regret it. That's going to be my motto.
So, how's it your way?
Charlie

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
bukweet said:
Hey Jack!
Things are good. Kids are ready for school to be out. So's the wife. My 47 year old college girl with a 4.0 grade point for the YEAR.
I think the rally II's will do. I sort of like to keep with an original type appearence on this one. I have buckets from an 83 GP that actually match in style, material and color. Looks like it came that way. I thought about a GPor Regal(not Poncho,can't happen) front cap but...........who knows.
I really hope to V8 this thing before long. I have a pile of stuff to put on it. Always gathering pieces when I find them. I think I'll start on the suspension upgrades soon. Shocks, rear sway bar, modified crossmember,gauges,shifter. Maybe if I'm doing something it will motivate me.
Remove that sold note from your signature. Finish it or you'll regret it. That's going to be my motto.
So, how's it your way?
Charlie
====================================================
That's good news Charlie,
We're never too old to continue our education...good for her. I'm sure the kids are looking forward to their summer off. Sometimes I wish I was a kid again in that respect..we grow up way too fast...*sigh*.
I'm pretty much the same way as far as accumulating parts for the car. and you're right...I'll remove the "or sold" from my signature...I know I'm not going to sell it any time soon...however, I do feel overwhelmed at times...just not having the time to accomplish what I really want to.
I'm not new to long term projects.
Sounds like you have alot of great plans for the wagon. Getting a V-8 in there would be a plus...you'll like it.
We'll talk soon. Take care..be well.
Jack :)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts