SMOG LEGAL HP

LIL NOVE

Daily Driver
Dec 29, 2008
www.myspace.com
i hope this is in the right section of the forum.....

just a new guy over here from Cali, where we still have somewhat strict smog laws. since they test under a load i hear its easier to make bigger cams pass the sniffer. so im just wondering how many of u guys have a SBC 350ci+ in ur Mali passing sniffer & what setup u guys have. i know all the necessary stuff is needed like smog pump, egr, smog legal headers, etc... i just wanna know what heads, cam, manifold, carb, etc.... u guys are using & how much HP u think ur making. or are there any smog gurus in here..... any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated...

THANKS
JOHN

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
not sure on all that stuff, but one thing that does work is using an ounce of acetone for every 10 gallons of gas. makes the fuel burn more efficiently and better gas mileage.

LIL NOVE

Daily Driver
Dec 29, 2008
www.myspace.com
right on T5 for the reply, that looks like a nice lil healthy setup. which goodwrench motor is that, the 290hp one?????

JOHN

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
I don't know which engine it was originally. I bought it from a friend who got it from a friend, who got it from a friend. I was told it was bought new in the late 80s (Target motor, as it was known then) and was only used lightly by each person in different cars until I got it. It had 4-bolt main caps.

Shotgun has the car now along with any documentation I had.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts