SEM Hi Build Primer

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
Don't know about the SEM primer, but I did the same thing on my panels that are below the qtr windows and next to the seats. I used the same high build primer that I used on the body, just added the flex agent for plastics. After sanding smooth I used the SEM texture coating then primed and painted with SEM.

oldschool

Frequent Racer
Nov 13, 2003
concord, NC
gmtofd said:
Was wondering if anyone tried this product on the plastics that may have started to deteriorate due to ultraviolet radiation, such as the rear upper panels below the rear side glass and the "C" post plastics that are unique to the two door Malibu/Lemans A body series?

The plan was to prime with with this so-called high build primer, sand down, reprime and top coat sort of what done with normal exterior paint prepartion.

Anyone out there have any thoughts?

Thanks for any responses.
I tried to sand and use high build primer, the brittle interior just gummed up my sand paper...

I was told to sand blast (fine sand low pressure) I will then use the adhesive promoter then their texture and paint...I googled to find some local SEM suppliers..

I blasted some Saturday, it worked pretty good...

gmtofd

Dragway Regular
Jul 16, 2004
Central Jersey
I'm not good with sending pictures to show the results, but using the SEM adhesive promoter, high build primer, sand with 320 then 400 wet sand seemed to work well. As far as I'm concerned, I saved the upper rear panel trim and C pillar sail panel trim. Caught it before it was too far gone.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts