CAN SEM SPRAY ON VINYL WORK?

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
It will NOT come off on your clothes, I've used on many interior parts and it is worth it's weight in gold. Do it!!! I did my whole dash too :D

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
I've never sprayed seats before but i have used sem products to change the color of all my interior
panels with good luck.do yourself a favor get any/all tech sheets and follow them to the letter.if the supplier doesn't have them, sem has an excellent website.get the rite adhesion promoter if they call for one,go through the steps to decide what your surface might be etc. and like painting anything it's in the preparation.and sem has a procedure for everything and they do provide part numbers for what they want you to use.
carry on!

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
X2 what melloelky said.................I forgot to mention their excellent website.

JuniorJ

Frequent Racer
Have used SEM's for years(20+), and never had it rub off on anything or anyone. Make sure you have it clean, then clean it again, a mild mix of DAWN dishsoap and warm water. Use the SEM's prep on it after you clean it, then use light coats of the color coat, if not it will stripe and humidity streak bad. And the Dupli-color stuff is a joke, I have re-done more than a dozen sets of door panels that it has peeled off of in sheets.

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
StreetBu said:
It will NOT come off on your clothes, I've used on many interior parts and it is worth it's weight in gold. Do it!!! I did my whole dash too :D

GOOD! THIS WAY WILL SAVE ME LOTS OF $$$. THANKS!!

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
melloelky said:
I've never sprayed seats before but i have used sem products to change the color of all my interior
panels with good luck.do yourself a favor get any/all tech sheets and follow them to the letter.if the supplier doesn't have them, sem has an excellent website.get the rite adhesion promoter if they call for one,go through the steps to decide what your surface might be etc. and like painting anything it's in the preparation.and sem has a procedure for everything and they do provide part numbers for what they want you to use.
carry on!

THANKS FOR THE BUNDLE OF INFO/TIPS, MELLOELKY! GOING TO CONTACT MY LOVAL PAINT STORE, AND GET SOME STUFF!! CAN'T WAIT TO GET RID OF THIS POS BENCH, IN THE BU. THANKS AGAIN...

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
JuniorJ said:
Have used SEM's for years(20+), and never had it rub off on anything or anyone. Make sure you have it clean, then clean it again, a mild mix of DAWN dishsoap and warm water. Use the SEM's prep on it after you clean it, then use light coats of the color coat, if not it will stripe and humidity streak bad. And the Dupli-color stuff is a joke, I have re-done more than a dozen sets of door panels that it has peeled off of in sheets.

THANKS MAN! GLAD I DIDN'T GET THE DUPICOLOR THEN. WHEN I DO THIS, I WANT TO DO IT ONCE.....AND HAVE NO ISSUES!!

JuniorJ

Frequent Racer
Last edited by a moderator:

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com
joel we sell it in manchester at work just let me know what color your looking for and ill see what weve got!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts