pushrod help

mebe007

Amateur Racer
Oct 16, 2009
Eastern Virginia
Ok guys so its a lot to retype so maybe you could check out the link.and get back to me.

http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=30442

But basically my roller rockers are booming out on the stud boss. Measured for new rods and +100 looks good but about1.25 turns from zero and they have no more clearence. With +150 they still throw a decent pattern but no clearence issues what so ever. Now I know that you will never go 1.25 turns past zero, more like .25-.5 but I know metal expands. So I am unsure what to do here.

Now I plan to upgrade heads in the future. These heads are fresh but the 76cc 993 smoggers I'm sure are killing me. So I want to run them while I save for some good heads( haven't driven the car since 2006 so its killing me) so should I buy say the $45 hardened Edelbrock 7.900 rods or the $86 trick flows or the $105 comp magnums? I'm sure with new heads ill have to change lengths again so I just wanna figure out what I should do here.

Next question, I measured length with a comp hi tech adjustable rod and they stated that every company measures different so I should buy their rods to make sure they are the right length, is this true? Or will the Edelbrock 7.9 be the right length?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts