park neutral safty switch

woodman333

Amateur Racer
Dec 5, 2005
massillon, ohio
is there an easy way to hook this up if you have an after market floor shifter
and aftermarket wiring like a painless wiring harness.
had to rewire entire car, new system and really have no clue how to wire in the park neutral safty switch, just want to make sure i can pass inspection.

dragginwagon406

Frequent Racer
Oct 30, 2005
NW Ohio
Just use an ISO 30 A relay and wire in like this. Goes without saying, but make sure the wire to the neutral safety is fused somewhere in case it would become grounded.

neutralsafetydb2.jpg

red barn

Frequent Racer
Mar 5, 2007
Syracuse, NY
Which wire (color, location) is the key switch solenoid wire coming out of the factory column? I know in a painless kit it is the purple "919" wire. What color is it in the factory harness? I could trace back from the starter, but if anyone knows off the top of their head, it would save me a bit.

A

Anonymous

red barn said:
Which wire (color, location) is the key switch solenoid wire coming out of the factory column? I know in a painless kit it is the purple "919" wire. What color is it in the factory harness? I could trace back from the starter, but if anyone knows off the top of their head, it would save me a bit.

Doesn't matter. Just wire in the relay like he said. The only wire you have to track down is the one going to the solenoid. Run some battery voltage to your shifter switch. Then from there to the relay. The relay is basically just spliced inline with the current wire going to the solenoid. The way dragginwaggon posted is exactly how mine is..........

red barn

Frequent Racer
Mar 5, 2007
Syracuse, NY
easy enough. a 10 amp fuse enough on the 12v to the nuetral safety switch. Thanks for the help.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts