New Products! Front A-arm kit and front sway bar

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
Doober said:
Maybe I should've rephrased the backspacing question... does it provide any more (even if it's minute) clearance compared to the stock control arm? I'm just curious. I'll be ordering myself a set of aftermarket front arms, but it's an after-everything-else-is-done (body, drivetrain, etc.) sort of thing. Thanks for the info :)

Hello
Like mentioned above they are just manufacture for weight loss and if there is a difference it is going to be very limited (maybe a 1/2 inch). I take it you have a clearance issue. What are you rubbing on?
Thanks
Brad :D

Great to hear! And thanks again for the choosing UMI Performance Guys 8)

Take it easy

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I don't really have one currently, but I'm planning on a set of 17x9 wheels for the front, and I'm trying to make room everywhere I can.

Horsepwraddict

Pro Stocker
Mar 3, 2007
Princeton MA
Just got mine today. These things are beautiful. The red looks awesome. Cant wait to put them in.

bnsfds

Daily Driver
Jan 24, 2009
Louisburg, Kansas
Hello
Thanks for the interest in UMI Performance! Our front upper and lower control arms we designed to eliminate a good amount of weight in the front. But they also feature a grease able poly bushing the will be much firmer than the factory OEM Bushings and hold up under cornering better. If you are looking for better handling for corners. I would suggest looking into our NEW front sway bar. Below is a link to show you what we have to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/i ... mfgsjjgng1

So that I understand what you are saying here is, if one is looking for improved cornering we don't need the upper and lower control arms to obtain this, all we need to do is to upgrade to polyurethane bushings along with sway bars?

Thanks
Everette

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
bnsfds said:
Hello
Thanks for the interest in UMI Performance! Our front upper and lower control arms we designed to eliminate a good amount of weight in the front. But they also feature a grease able poly bushing the will be much firmer than the factory OEM Bushings and hold up under cornering better. If you are looking for better handling for corners. I would suggest looking into our NEW front sway bar. Below is a link to show you what we have to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/i ... mfgsjjgng1

So that I understand what you are saying here is, if one is looking for improved cornering we don't need the upper and lower control arms to obtain this, all we need to do is to upgrade to polyurethane bushings along with sway bars?

Thanks
Everette

Hello Everette
Sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner! But it seems like who you talk to about this particular topic is going to have their own opinion. But other than lowering the vehicle, a good set of shock, And sway bars and poly bushings (more firmer material compared to rubber) That would be a great start to better handling. Our Upper and Lower front A Arms are non adjustable OEM Spec'd other than the bushings. They will help cut weight off the front end. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!
Thanks

bnsfds

Daily Driver
Jan 24, 2009
Louisburg, Kansas
But it seems like who you talk to about this particular topic is going to have their own opinion. But other than lowering the vehicle, a good set of shock, And sway bars and poly bushings (more firmer material compared to rubber) That would be a great start to better handling. Our Upper and Lower front A Arms are non adjustable OEM Spec'd other than the bushings. They will help cut weight off the front end. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Brad,

I follow you about lowering, quality shocks, poly bushings and sway bars regarding handling, but I don't see how aftermarket upper and lower control arms will help with handling. How I understand this is the only advantages with these control arms is weight savings.

Thanks
Everette

bnsfds

Daily Driver
Jan 24, 2009
Louisburg, Kansas
Tony_SS said:
Doober said:
Tubular arms are stronger than stamped arms, but I'm not sure if you'll ever put enough stress on them to worry about it unless you're a hardcore autocrosser.
Agreed.

Thanks guys for answering! I don't think the folks at UMI can or will address this question.

I'm not planning on any hardcore racing with this car, but if the tubular control arms offered a significant improvement in handling over the stock ones, then I would consider spending that much money. At this point, I can't justify spending nearly $700 on a product that will reduce 8-13 lbs of weight (depending which manufactuer is advertising).

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts