New Dakota Digital Dash I just got

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
This is going in after the last race in November when I have some time....I picked it up for ~$100 on Ebay (brand new, but older model). Hopefully I can get the kick panels in and re-do a ton of wiring at the same time.

Weighs next to nothing, and is 1" thick. Simply cut a rectangle hole and drop it in. I will be using some thin aluminum painted to match my regal dash. Haven't decided whether or not to keep the dash surround, or mount the plate right in the recess of the dash pad when the surround is removed. Has anyone on here done their dash with the large surround/factory mount setup?

p_00230.jpg

This is how it sits now. I rigged in a 94 chevy truck dakota digital dash that didn't come out very well. I'll be getting rid of one 2-1/16 inch gauge since the new dash has Oil Temp built in. Also, won't be using stainless this time around since it's too heavy for my liking. I'd like to use some carbon fiber re-do all my dash plates but that may never happen :-k

-The gauges down in the radio area are Nordskog LED which will be staying, but they suck to read in sunlight. The Dakota Digital vacuum flourescent displays are sooo much better.
100_9146.jpg

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
MALObu said:
man a 100.00 dollars?!!! thats a score!!!

Actually I just looked, it was $130, but still....I thought it was broken when I bench tested it at work on the power inverter because it was still in the mode where you program the odometer because they never even hooked it up to power. Can't wait to get it in there.

Most people ridicule me for the digital dash in a race car, but finds like this are cheaper than buying any set of gauges to put in there and easier to wire up. Has all the turn signals and indicators also. Plus, hopefully I'll have time to drive it on the street again some day.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts