Monte SS rear spoiler on Malibu???

rjleiker

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2008
Derby, KS
so, I saw a picture of RAREBU M-80's car, and I hate to say it, but I may just be warming up to this idea of this spoiler... with the front chin spoiler, it almost evens it out... not sure if I would put one on my cutlass, but it seems like for the era in which they came out, they would have been respectively stylish... just think about how ugly convertible camero's were in that age... but all the cool kinds had them... hmm...
But, I have been known to enjoy the odd luxuries in life...

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
i like the m-80 spoiler or even the m-80 spoiler in a smaller scale would look good imo besides at high speeds with the m-80 it would hold the car down because of its size and fits with the 79/80 camaro era as prev stated i did see a bu with the monte spoiler it looks nice the guy also had to center cut it i might have a pics i will check what crossed my mind on the pic below is if the monte spoiler was tilted up more towards the m-80 angle how that would look

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
this was a car at a local show so dont have much except pics the other mod he did which i think was done nice was the chin spoiler was off a volvo but cant say what year model etc but looks nice from side view and frontal view imo
bu-monte001.jpg
bu-monte002.jpg

rjleiker

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2008
Derby, KS
I'm really diggin this spoiler on that Malibu "SS"... pretty much exactly what I was thinking of doing on my Cutlass... just have to find one...

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Doober said:
It's upSSide down
Not necessarily. The MCSS had 2 different types of spoilers. The aerocoupes had a lay-down type spoiler like the Malibu shown. The regular MCSS models had a stand-up spoiler. However, the regular 87-88 MCSS came with either spoiler; perhaps just what was on hand at the time of assembly?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts