manual brake pushrod

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Hiway is right, set it up in a vise...will save lots of back aches and bruises.

Delta makes a good point, what ever you use for the rod make sure its of good strong material.......it bending would be catastrophic....

malijuice

Pro Stocker
Feb 26, 2005
new york
brake rod

i think a company called master power brake sell the correct pushrod that u need for $20,i think there in virginia but not sure.

Sandy

Amateur Racer
Nov 9, 2005
Was at the track last weekend and brought the car down from 120 mph several times with ease.

This is using stock power master cylinder in the top firewall position, relocating the pin in the brake pedal to the correct manual postion where there is a hole for a pin, and shortening the power booster pushrod.

Used a bolt and couple of nuts as an adjustable return stop, to prevent the possibility of the rod dropping down from the back of the master cylinder.

Works great with disc front and rear drum setup, light pedal pressure. It confirms what so many other racers with Malibus and Monte Carlo's are doing works.

This solution is not for everyone. If you have lots of bucks and/or are not confident about this setup, get one of the proven products out there on the market.

Sandy

Amateur Racer
Nov 9, 2005
Just a bump of this post.

I have mentioned on several occaisons the importance of building a setup that will positively prevent the brake pedal push rod from disengaging from the master cylinder.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts