Manual brake pushrod and retainer

DennyPett

Frequent Racer
Apr 3, 2004
Spring Hill, Tennessee
Where can I get them or what have you guys used? I'm about to look for a heim joint and rod to make my own, but will still need something to hold the rod in the back of the master cylinder? I'm using a factory 79 Bu Manual master cylinder and the thin block off plate, already remove the factory PB dowl pin and moved it to the manual position and welded it in place.. so far so good...

Thanks,
Denny

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
Here is what I did. One thing not in these photos is the plate i welded across with a hole in it which retains the pushrod in case it loses its center withing the master cylinder bore. My rod is threaded on one end to go into the heim joint and rounded on the other to mate with the master cylinder.

CIMG0836.jpg

CIMG0834.jpg

CIMG0837.jpg

DennyPett

Frequent Racer
Apr 3, 2004
Spring Hill, Tennessee
Great pics mean, thanks! I did find a set up today however, I'm using a Ford Adjustible Clutch Pedel pushrod from Motor-Mite (aka: Help section at Napa) Seems to be exactly what I needed. I grinded and moved the factory PB mount pin and moved it to the manual brake hole and rewelded it...

81bb3a38.jpg

7b1a266e.jpg

0dbbf3ee.jpg

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
That's sweet also, the same basic idea. I figured you would have to do it a little differently since your pushrod is different than mine. Don't forget the retainer plate I mentioned in case the pin loses contact with the centering hole; you don't want the pushrod to fall out of the master cyl :shock:

DennyPett

Frequent Racer
Apr 3, 2004
Spring Hill, Tennessee
mean78malibu said:
That's sweet also, the same basic idea. I figured you would have to do it a little differently since your pushrod is different than mine. Don't forget the retainer plate I mentioned in case the pin loses contact with the centering hole; you don't want the pushrod to fall out of the master cyl :shock:

LOL, that would DEFF suck... :roll:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts