Late Model ZQ8 S10 Wheels

Duts87ss

Amateur Racer
Apr 8, 2005
Ocean Springs, MS
Superbu said:
Yeah Jack, I want to put them on my wagon. That is an awesome site to check out tire size difference. Thanks Tony. I'm currently running a 235/60/15 on a 15x7 aluminum Monte SS wheel. I checked that against a 255/50/16 and it looks like the 255 is just a little shorter and wider. The only difference I can't calculate at this point is the wider 16x8 wheel and back space difference.

A 255/50/16 is going to be about as close to the 235/60/15 you can get (in a tire with a 255mm section width, that is). That's also the tire size the GNX used on the rear.

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
TonyD said:
here is a pretty good guide to use:

http://www.eunos.com/tirecalc/tirecalcold.html

put in your old tires, and the new ones, see how they compare.
==================================================
Tony,
Thanks for posting that chart...that's very helpful..
Jack ;)

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
Superbu said:
Yeah Jack, I want to put them on my wagon. That is an awesome site to check out tire size difference. Thanks Tony. I'm currently running a 235/60/15 on a 15x7 aluminum Monte SS wheel. I checked that against a 255/50/16 and it looks like the 255 is just a little shorter and wider. The only difference I can't calculate at this point is the wider 16x8 wheel and back space difference.
===================================================
If I'm not mistaken, don't these wheels tend to stick out alittle?
Jack :?:

Tony_SS

MalibuRacing Junkie
Apr 21, 2004
Washington, MO
www.mac-ink.com
nope, bs is 4.375" so they set in nicely....

ive used that chart many of times to get the most tire underneath the car as possible - it works well.

guys, im thinking about selling my set that i have if anyones interested. shrug.gif

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
TonyD said:
nope, bs is 4.375" so they set in nicely....

ive used that chart many of times to get the most tire underneath the car as possible - it works well.

guys, im thinking about selling my set that i have if anyones interested. shrug.gif
===================================================
Tony,
I might be interested in them...I'll talk to you about it.
Jack ;)

A

Anonymous

I may be interested in them too Tony if Jack passes. It's all about the timing. I'd even be willing to talk about a trade if you were interested and it made sense. Freight may make it a bad idea.

A

Anonymous

I picked up set of "01" S10 16x8 ZQ* wheels Saturday locally for $250.00. I think I did good. They came w/caps and lugs. What I don't have is whatever it takes to keep the caps on. The lugs go through the caps but nothing holds them on. What do I need? I'll have a set of 15x7 Monte SS aluminum wheels w/235/60/15 TA's available soon if you know anyone interested.

Chuck78

Daily Driver
Jun 29, 2006
York, PA
I have a set of ZQ8 wheels off of a 2004 S-10. 235/55/16 is the original size for the pick up and that is what I us on my malibu on all 4 corners for the street. The car sits pretty low and the fronts will rub on hard bumps on the outer edge of the inner wheel well. Rears fit fine and could go wider, maybe 255's.
The lug nuts from gm are 12mm x 1.5 thread. They have threads on the outside of the nut as well inorder for a plastic nut cap to thread on to. The nut cap has a shoulder edge that catches the centercap to hold it on. All of this is available from GM. I have seen aftermarket nuts like this with 7/16 or 1/2 thread if don't have metric studs but they are rare.
BTW, $250 for a set of 4 in good shape is a good deal! :shock: 4 new center caps cost me $160 at a discounted price. :?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the great info. Chuck. Now I'm on a quest to see what I can find used. Yeah, I was real happy with the price. They were listed locally in the paper as 16x8 GM wheels w/tires for $295.00. Thought I'd call hoping that's what they were. Three of the tires are junk. I'm going with either 245/55/16 on all 4 corners or 245 in front and 255 in front. Thanks again for the info.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts