Late Model ZQ8 S10 Wheels

A

Anonymous

Is anyone running the 2000-2001 5 spoke 16x8 S10 wheels? Will any modification be required for these? What's the biggest size tire I can get away with front and rear on a wagon? Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Cool. I love your El Camino. Those wheels look great. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

That's an odd size. What tires are they? Do they only rub in the front or in the back too and did you have to roll the lip? My wagon is lowered 2 ".

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
Be real careful with tire clearance...different issues of clearance with a lowered ride.
By the way, the late ZQ8 wheels are slick looking...I always liked the look of those..
Jack ;)

Tony_SS

MalibuRacing Junkie
Apr 21, 2004
Washington, MO
www.mac-ink.com
Superbu said:
That's an odd size. What tires are they? Do they only rub in the front or in the back too and did you have to roll the lip? My wagon is lowered 2 ".

BFG radial t/a's. might be discontinued though? only rub at slight lock in the front. no issues in the rear.

if youre low, go down to a smaller tire.
245/50
235/50
245/45
etc...

A

Anonymous

Good point Jack. The only tire I've found so far in that size is the Radial T/A which is still available. I'm thinkin 255 rear and 245 front to keep the diameters close. Thanks guys.

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
I'm think, worse comes to worse, you can always go to the tire dealer that you deal with, and test fit some tires..good luck! I'm sure you'll make the right choice...are you going to be putting the ZQ8 wheels on your car?
Jack ;)

A

Anonymous

Yeah Jack, I want to put them on my wagon. That is an awesome site to check out tire size difference. Thanks Tony. I'm currently running a 235/60/15 on a 15x7 aluminum Monte SS wheel. I checked that against a 255/50/16 and it looks like the 255 is just a little shorter and wider. The only difference I can't calculate at this point is the wider 16x8 wheel and back space difference.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts