ill fitting lower radiator hose

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
do i want to know how the upper hose works out? :lol:

woody31

Frequent Racer
mello,,i believe in karma,,,it will bust on you 50 miles from the nearest parts store and you will forget your wallet at home,,and your cell phone will have no signal,,have a great day...cheers....

p.s. im still looking for a shifter handle too....

GFYWAC

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
woody31 said:
mello,,i believe in karma,,,it will bust on you 50 miles from the nearest parts store and you will forget your wallet at home,,and your cell phone will have no signal,,have a great day...cheers....

p.s. im still looking for a shifter handle too....

GFYWAC
you do?that makes sense.thanks for the good wishes dale..cheers woody..:roll:

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
The Sticks... Tewksbury MA
I had the same problem, ended up at CAP going hose by hose through their universal ones. After 20 min or so I found one that worked!

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
MISFITmalibu63 said:
I had the same problem, ended up at CAP going hose by hose through their universal ones. After 20 min or so I found one that worked!

How's about a part number & maybe a photo or two?

Tommy

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i did see quite a few of those universal dryer vent looking hoses in the back of Napa that did have the 1 3/4bigger sized inlet/outlet,they came up as mid 70's dodge pick ups,ram chargers, but they were on the shorter side like by about 4 inches.but i didn't fit them to my car either.maybe a shorter hose that's not molded for our application might fit where it's long molded cousin does.it might work out that way.I'm sure if i spent more time there or even looked through the books like they offered i would of found something,honestly i don't care for that ribbed hose look if i can help it.

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
I'll do some searching and see what I can come up with, it was definitely an odd looking hose, but it works.

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
finally got around to getting some pics... no PN on it, but this is what it looks like

SP5031

Weekend Racer
Nov 30, 2008
Wentzville, MO
Found a gates hose that fits the 1.75" lower outlet on the aluminum radiators. Gates 22542 fits like a glove. 1/2 hour going through hoses at Oreillys, but well worth it.
This is with a jegs universal 31 x 19 radiator with an electric fan and a Mezzier electric water pump, but it should work with a standard water pump. Hope this helps someone out.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts