How many running dual power adders?

DeltaT

Dragway Regular
Oct 28, 2003
Nor Cal
Just wondered how many of you are running say a blower and nitrous, or turbo(s) and nitrous? Any 'Lessons Learned'? I'm going to hook up the nitrous on my Vortech-blown motor after I finish this swap, and I'd like to hear any successes or horror stories.

Thanks,

Jim

My Site: http://home.mindspring.com/~jim_fisk/id1.html

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
I dont see much luck with dual adders out at the races.
If you have one adder you can usually find a way to simply add more of the same

IMO more is better

DFWMalibu

Dragway Regular
Dec 15, 2006
Dallas,Tx
I have ran turbo and nitrous before....... you have to be careful because it acts like 2 times the shot due to the liquid intercooling. We ended up running a pressure switch to turn the nitrous off at a certain amount of boost. So basically we used it to instantly spool the turbo off the line.

Chris K.

DeltaT

Dragway Regular
Oct 28, 2003
Nor Cal
I need to stick with this blower but am already plumbed for nitrous, so I'm thinking of a Stage 1 50-shot, Stage2 ~100 shot, Stage 3 Both setup.

I have the NOS Progressive Controller and a stage-activated multi-step retard to make the nitrous and ignition work together.

Just trying to see if I missed anything or any horror stories.

Thanks,

Jim

Dom87SS

Pro Stocker
Jun 6, 2003
Lake Villa, IL
www.stroked57.com
progressive controllers are hard on solenoids. your gonna have to pull a little timing out to spray it anyway, so getting a box where you can pull an additional couple degrees out and ramp it in over a short time period will help you 60' the car. easier on solenoids, lets your work with the tire/suspension combo, and doesnt kill your motor. or at least get a digiset and leave on nothing but boost, turn the 50 on .5 in the run then the 100 1.5-2.0 in the run

BottleBaby Bu

Dragway Regular
Dec 17, 2004
Houston, Texas
www.Houstonhotrods.net
Theres a guy here who runs true ten5 with a single turbo and a duall nozzel wet kit. 250 shot on top of the boost and it flat out freaking flys. Ive seen it white smoke hazing the tires 1/8 mile and run a 4.90. Seems to work really well for him.

59RAT

Frequent Racer
Nov 18, 2007
Port Saint Lucie Fl.
I like prochargers. 25lbs. boost & a 225hp shot n2o, 1218 rwhp & blowing thru the converter. Rod

p1010003.jpg

Dom87SS

Pro Stocker
Jun 6, 2003
Lake Villa, IL
www.stroked57.com
procharged and sprayed BBC making 1300ish hp id defiantly say there is a problem there. what kinda converter do you have?

im guessin this is on c-16 or the likes?

but there are a lot of factors like your non-intercooled, we dont know your timing, or carb jet, or bottle pressure ect.

59RAT

Frequent Racer
Nov 18, 2007
Port Saint Lucie Fl.
Ok it's 38* locked pulling 7.5 for boost and another 5* when I hit the spray. Non intercooled on E85 pump fuel. It's a JW Permormance converter. This is not in my Malibu but in my Impala street car! Rod

P.S. I forget it's a turbo 400 with a gear venders overdrive behind it.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts