fuse block or no fuse block, that is the question

A

Anonymous

I'm putting together a full drag 80 malibu. My question is if i'm running the simple electricle system that i am will my electricle system pass NHRA tech inspections with out a fuse block and just inline fuses intstead?????????

Malibuwagon80

Dragway Regular
Aug 8, 2007
North Jersey
I don't think you'll have any problem. But you should get a NHRA rulebook!! I just finished building a track car and made a couple small mistakes [ and yes I had a rule book] , battery box and driveshaft loop position. There are Switch panels that have built in fuses in them. I have a moroso for the fuel pump, water pump, fan etc. And remember most tracks require head lights and tail lights for night racing. My track require 1 tail and parking lamps or no race!!Hope this helps !! :mrgreen:

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
im rewiring my entire car,I'll be going with one of these switch panels

http://www.jegs.com/i/ARC/116/12000R/10002/-1

They make them with all the relays and wire and come with 4,8 and 12 switch models

NHRA does not care what switches and fuses you run......They do car about main power wire and shut down switches

Jackstand

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 6, 2003
KANSAS CITY, MO
Excelerater said:

They make them with all the relays and wire and come with 4,8 and 12 switch models

NHRA does not care what switches and fuses you run......They do car about main power wire and shut down switches

i picked up one of those its pretty cool.. not as nice a speedwire or menders kit, but those are way out of my price range.

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
Jackstand said:
Excelerater said:

i picked up one of those its pretty cool.. not as nice a speedwire or menders kit, but those are way out of my price range.

I have Spaghetti menders for my nitrous and it does a great job but Bob wants 1250 bucks for a switch panel
and IMO he is lost touch with reality....It comes with no wires,he charges 80.00 for 9 pin computer cables
that I can buy anywhere for less than 10 bucks a piece (you need 3 for his system) and after talking to Bob
and spending a half hour going over what I wanted...He promises to fax me a layout and diagram for my approval
and after a week and no fax I call him back and he has NO recollection of the half hour of time we spent on the phone
going over my system.......The guy is a flake IMO and is seriously over priced

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts