Front sway bar

Fyjimo

Daily Driver
Dec 21, 2009
Hey guys, I just put new frt sway bar bushing and end link bushing in my 1978 El Camino. How far down do you adjust the end links for good cornering? Seems like they are a little spongee right now. The new bushing are poly and are not adjusted down much. Should the ends of the sway bar be fairly level or what?

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
Fyjimo said:
Hey guys, I just put new frt sway bar bushing and end link bushing in my 1978 El Camino. How far down do you adjust the end links for good cornering? Seems like they are a little spongee right now. The new bushing are poly and are not adjusted down much. Should the ends of the sway bar be fairly level or what?

Hello
Just tighten the end links down there is no adjustments there (that is what controls your body roll). And when the suspension is loaded (all 4 wheels on the ground) the sway bar should be parallel to the surface.
Take it easy
Brad :D

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
UMI Sales said:
Fyjimo said:

Hello
Just tighten the end links down there is no adjustments there (that is what controls your body roll). And when the suspension is loaded (all 4 wheels on the ground) the sway bar should be parallel to the surface.
Take it easy

That's not quite right. You can overtighten the end link bushings. It causes bind & the sway bar reacts like it's too big. You need to set the bushiongs so full articulation is allwed without having excess play.

Tommy

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
LS6 Tommy said:
UMI Sales said:
Fyjimo said:

Hello
Take it easy

That's not quite right. You can overtighten the end link bushings. It causes bind & the sway bar reacts like it's too big. You need to set the bushiongs so full articulation is allwed without having excess play.

Tommy

Hello
Yes I see your point! I am sorry for not being clearer on that. But what I always suggest is when tightening down the end links only tighten until the bushing starts to bulge.
Sorry for any inconvenience

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts