Flat spots

primerbu

Amateur Racer
Jan 22, 2005
Apopka, Florida
I'm running MT sportsman front tires (bias ply) and MT ET stiff sidewall rear slicks. I recently pulled the transmission to install a trans brake and fix some leaks. Did this at my job so monday through friday the car gets pushed out the stall and parked out back. I know the car should be on jackstands however I work at a new car dealership and cant have cars looking dismantled. Well the tires have developed some serious flat spots. What if anything can I do to fix this before I race again.

z28krazy

Amateur Racer
Apr 10, 2010
New Braunfels, Texas
primerbu said:
I'm running MT sportsman front tires (bias ply) and MT ET stiff sidewall rear slicks. I recently pulled the transmission to install a trans brake and fix some leaks. Did this at my job so monday through friday the car gets pushed out the stall and parked out back. I know the car should be on jackstands however I work at a new car dealership and cant have cars looking dismantled. Well the tires have developed some serious flat spots. What if anything can I do to fix this before I race again.

Bias plys are known for this problem. All it takes is to drive it long enough to warm up the rubber and the flat spots will go away.

Sikmalibu

Dragway Regular
Apr 2, 2008
Central NJ
Just drive it around the pits a few times before you run the ar and it will be fine. If they are bad you will feel the car hopping, and obviously you drive around til it goes away.

7d8ss

Amateur Racer
Jan 29, 2005
Lexington, Ohio
Try putting some tires & rims on it just to roll it around. Change to slicks for racing.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts