Finally starting to make some progress!!

daschra79

Amateur Racer
Nov 16, 2009
St. Louis Area
I finally got the motor and trans dropped in the other night to check the fitment of everything dancin_banana.gif . I am using BRP's motor mounts and 1 7/8" headers w/ the Muscle car Oil pan kit. The BRP mounts and Headers fit awesome I don't have a single complaint about them. I am going to have to grind a little on the edge of the passenger side lower control mount for a little extra clearance but that's no big deal. I am also using an Iceman cross member for my th400 and it too fit great!

I can't wait to get this thing up and running so I an take it out and beat on it! Here are a couple of pictures of how everything fits.

Malibu202.jpg

Malibu203.jpg

Malibu207.jpg

Malibu209.jpg

Malibu212.jpg

Malibu214.jpg

Malibu215.jpg

DREW78BU

Amateur Racer
Mar 13, 2005
HOUMA, LA.
myspace.com
That looks good. Its good to know about the parts fitting right. I am going to do the same swap to my bu. Keep up the good work and keep posting pics.

tyster89

Dragway Regular
Apr 11, 2008
North of ST Louis MO 30 miles
C'mon get that thing runnin'. :p Looking great Dan. Can't wait to get it going i bet.

daschra79

Amateur Racer
Nov 16, 2009
St. Louis Area
tyster89 said:
C'mon get that thing runnin'. :p Looking great Dan. Can't wait to get it going i bet.

Thanks Ty! Ya I really want to get this thing going. I got my carb ordered the other day so it should be here any day now. Then it is just a few odds and ends left to pick up to finish it up.

tyster89

Dragway Regular
Apr 11, 2008
Give me a call when ya take it out the first time. I'll drag the Camaro out too. Cooler weather's on its way. yaaa

daschra79

Amateur Racer
Nov 16, 2009
St. Louis Area
Got the motor and trans installed the other night (for the last time hopefully). I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel at this point. I'm going to go out tonight and try to finish up the last of my electrical stuff that needs to be done. I still need to run all my new fuel lines, I'll get this done this weekend. Then it just finishing up the little touches before it's done. Here are a couple of pictures!

Malibu220.jpg

Malibu221.jpg

New Pro-Systems Carb!!
Malibu222.jpg

Malibu223.jpg

Still need to get some hangers for the exhaust but the fitment is perfect with the iceman cross member.
Malibu227.jpg

Finished wiring the all my gauges and switches and got my gauge cluster reinstalled
Malibu224.jpg

New front electrical panel
Malibu226.jpg

Malibu235.jpg

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Looking great. I love the way the exhaust looks. Keep the updates coming...

tyster89

Dragway Regular
Apr 11, 2008
That ol car's pretty solid for this area. Kinda miss it. With the $$ i put in the Camaro, probably could been in the 8's with that thing. lol Are you going to be working on it all weekend. Might be up for a drive.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts