Finally getting started on my 6.0 build!

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
So after having this motor laying around for about 5 years im finally doing the build and swap.Its been to the machine shop and got a clean bill of health and got it back.Here it is going to the shop .Gotta love the 5.3 4l65 in front of truck and a 6.0 4l80e in the bed!After it came back from the machine shop and got painted.I know everybody does chevy orange and its kinda wierd on a ls but it matches my car so...And a little detail work that probably wont be seen but i couldnt help myself.

Attachments

• 6.0.png
    6.0.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,975
  • untitled.png
    untitled.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,979
  • lq4 painted.png
    lq4 painted.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,965

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
Here is the car its going in by the way.And just cause i cant help myself heres my 06 silvy on a 3,5 drop and waiting for some tahoe 20s. Hope to find a deal on some soon then its stay on the car and leave the truck alone for a while. Just done the drop last weekend.I love it !!

Attachments

• IMG_1555.jpg
    IMG_1555.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 1,963
  • IMG_1558.jpg
    IMG_1558.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 1,971
  • my truck..jpg
    my truck..jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 1,974

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
Right now its gonna be rebuilt stock bottom end and a set of lingenfelter ported 241 heads,custom grind cam thats almost exactly a copy of a ms3. Heads are cut to 58cc and its gonna be carbed. The head cam combo are my buddies i work with that hurt a bottom end in his T A.I plan on eventually turboing the motor so i also have some 317 heads to get ported and will be doing a blow through on it by next year.It is gonna be a precision 4276 single turbo.Will probably switch to a texas speed 228 cam at that time. Figure i will learn the turbo combo on the stock shortblock then do a good bottom when i know i can keep from blowing parts out the first drive.

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
thats my plan lol, get it running the throw a turbo on it! i'm going with a speed inc. tu2 cam and borg s475 turbo tho. both should be fun rides. keep it updated!

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
The turbo could ghange at any time ,as one comes in or gets blown up and can be rebuilt.I work at precision so i am gonna try to get them to let me rummage the repair room for spare parts.lol.

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
Not sure if i can even swing one ,let alone get one for anyone else.lol It is a pretty cool place to work though,i have seen some cool stuff. Just cant say what or who for.HAHA

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts