Engine and trans alignment...

pgamedog

Amateur Racer
Jun 5, 2008
Wichita KS
Make sure the torque converter is seated properly, meaning all the way in up against transmission. You should feel it seat itself all the way in. Dont tighten bolts if torque converter is not seated properly you will damage pump. Ask me how I know. Lol

Grcrygtr44

Frequent Racer
Feb 1, 2013
Ontario Ny
If u Are u able to get them mated by the alignment pins, Could the center hub of the converter be hitting the end of the crank? Believe it or not, one of my buddy's ran into a similar problem with an aftermarket converter. Apparently even though he got the "three clicks" and knew the converter was seated, the snout on it was longer than the previous one he used. Also, if the mounting pads are thicker it can create a similar problem. Just a suggestion as to something to check out. Let us know what u find out.

Grcrygtr44

Frequent Racer
Feb 1, 2013
Ontario Ny
Are u trying to do it with the trans Xmember in the car? If u have stock or poly motor mounts u may have to jack up or support the back of the motor to simulate where it would be located if it were already bolted together. Or pull trans member so u can drop tail of trans a little to get it to the same angle that the motor is at. Again, just A suggestion in trying to help ya figure out what's going on. Especially if they were already together with the same components.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts