CRACKED HEAD

A

Anonymous

OK so I am tearing down the new engine to clean it up and this is what I find. I could not believe it. Brad's has been good to me in the past, I hope they will make it right. After all I do have a 3 month warranty. I just hope they will honor it. Also I wonder what else is hiding in this engine...

Attachments

• cracked head.JPG
    cracked head.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,372
  • cracked head 2.JPG
    cracked head 2.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 1,356
A

Anonymous

Thanks bowtie81. I have already sent am e-mail with pictures. I will call them in the morning.

A

Anonymous

dang dude sorry to hear that hope they make it right,what heads are those

A

Anonymous

The impact is the only thing that i can think of that could have caused the crack, engine still has coolant in it. Any thoughts?

Deuce4935

Frequent Racer
Nov 19, 2007
Chicago, Il
I got some 851's off a 98" F-body, and the matching GMPP carb intake in the for sell thread.

85MonteCoupe

Daily Driver
Dec 30, 2008
Columbus, Indiana
LS engines have a lot of "blind" bolt holes. It could have been that the exhaust manifold was torqued down and there was dirt or some fluid in there. When the bolt hit the point that the fluid/debris wouldn't compress further it cracked the head. You have to be careful with these engines and make sure you blow out bolt holes with compressed air before reinstalling bolts. Not saying you did this, but its possible that the place you got if from did.

Later,
Jason W.

A

Anonymous

All I can say is Honest Charlie is the man!!! :mrgreen: Charlie from Brad Stovall Auto in Tanner Alabama is not going to replace the cracked head, instead he is going to send me another complete engine for free and I keep the engine that I already have!! He is paying for the freight and everything. I could not have had a better experience!! \:D/

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts