Clutches and Flywheels

bracketchev1221

Dragway Regular
Apr 22, 2009
Mountville Pa
I have also heard that people like the dual friction clutches. Dual disk is not needed for a street car. But I think really unless you get into strip clutches with hard facings, they are all pretty good. I have used the Ram and Hays stuff and they were smooth with no chatter.

mebe007

Amateur Racer
Oct 16, 2009
Eastern Virginia
Yeah the guy at mcleod I talked to yesterday told me the super street pro dual friction would be perfect. Said if I planned to run drag radial however and go to the strip to run the rxt dual disc but if I was going to go to strip at all and be content with street tires to run the rst dual disc.

The guy at centerforce also recomended a dual friction but said if I had the money to run their dyad dual disc setup as it would handle stickier tires and more abuse while lasting longer

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Dual friction clutches are nice, dual disc are not needed for your application. You can even do with a nice replacement "stock" clutch from Ram or Hays.

mebe007

Amateur Racer
Oct 16, 2009
Eastern Virginia
StreetBu said:
Dual friction clutches are nice, dual disc are not needed for your application. You can even do with a nice replacement "stock" clutch from Ram or Hays.

Yeah I think Imma stick with the mcleod unit I originally listed. It's easy to get off track with all the options lol. By the way what part # shifter are you running on your muncie. Any photos?

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
I have no idea what shifter it is. It's not for a Malibu though. I did have to cut my floor in a different spot and built a metal box to house it and tidy things up. Part of that is because the shifter is bolted to an aluminum plate that is in turn bolted to the transmission spacing it off the side so straight rods and heim joints can be used for the linkage. Makes for a very tight feel and short throws :D Here's the only pics i can find. HTH

DSCF1458.jpg

DSCF1456.jpg

DSCF1494.jpg

DSCF1501.jpg

bracketchev1221

Dragway Regular
Apr 22, 2009
Mountville Pa
I just checked, I used the RAM Powergrip clutch kit in the Nova. See if that helps you.

mebe007

Amateur Racer
Oct 16, 2009
Eastern Virginia
i looked at the ram powergrip set as well. i dunno what is about the mcleod that keeps calling my name. maybe its because they been around forever or that there supposed to be still made in the usa

bracketchev1221

Dragway Regular
Apr 22, 2009
Mountville Pa
Mcleod is a good brand. There is no problem there. I was just giving an idea of the type of clutch I used in my cars.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts