Can I run a single pump for the NOS and motor

406Monte

Dragway Regular
Nov 30, 2007
Hubert, NC
I have a 406 sbc and it was put together with the purpose of running a single stage kit. I have a NOS Cheater System to run on it. I have a Hp 150 fuel pump and I a wanting to know if this is enough pump to run the motor and a single stage kit? I am going to praying it with more than a 200 hit with it. Or should I run the system fuel system with two pumps one for the motor and one for the kit? I have a Holley Black and another Holley Blue that I can use as well. What size line should I run for the fuel system as well? Need help now getting ready to buy all the fuel system for it. :-k

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
I have seen a 175 shot fed from a stock block mounted pump, and I have sprayed 250 with a single Holley Blue.

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
we run a 706 with 3 foggers and use a single mf500. 3 stages have run up to 700hp combined if the motor doesn't use alot of fuel (every engine is different) it should be ok. would run a gauge or warning light if your worried on the back side of the fuel reg. for the no2 system to monitor drop off. DO NOT run a fuel pressure cutoff swt.

yellow383

Daily Driver
Mar 8, 2010
if you are running new lines i would run a -8AN an a -6AN front to back. You can use the smaller line as a return or for a second feed if things get crazy. I bought the aluminum coils of line from summit for about 25 bucks each. if you have an assistant and take your time you can do this with the body on and make it real nice.
I attached a pic of my install. if you look closely at he bottom you can see where i attached a bracket to hold 2 bulkhead fittings for the lines. then attached the flex lines to that.
I ran the lines inside the frame rail and poked them out of the hole in the crossmember sort of like the factory routing. I put heat shrink tubing over the aluminum on the last couple of feet to protect againt abrasion.

Attachments

• engine build2.JPG
    engine build2.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 1,464

406Monte

Dragway Regular
Nov 30, 2007
Hubert, NC
Yellow, that is super clean. I am pretty sure that I am going to run a =10 to the Y and then -8 from there to the regs, and then a -6 to the carb and noids. I want to do this one time and leave it at that. Never know what motor will be in next. :-k Anyways I have that same line in it before. I have some left and will probably use it as a return. I am pulling the body this coming weekend. I have the bolts out of the body now just need to get some help to lift it up.

yellow383

Daily Driver
Mar 8, 2010
That sounds like a good setup.
you have some big tires under that monte! Did you have to modify the frame rails and tubs?

406Monte

Dragway Regular
Nov 30, 2007
Hubert, NC
Thanks, I didn't have to mod the frame just used a set of spacers to clear for the sidewalls. They stick out about even with the edge of the lips. I am going to a 12 bolt and will be offsetting the wheels to keep them tucked. I am getting ready to take the body off and then while it is off I am going to notch it to the seem. That should take care of using the spacers.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts