Braided lines all the way?

A

Anonymous

I was just wondering has anybody just ran braided brake lines through the entire car instead of messing with bending the solid lines?

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
I use socketless but will never bother with hardline again.

A

Anonymous

Socketless. are you talking about the aeroquipt stuff? i used that stuff for the fuel line, but i wouldn't think it would work for brakes.
how much pressure will that line hold before leaking since you don't have to clamp anything?

Question 2, I've got disk brakes on the back now. Can i get rid of the proportioning valve, run the fronts off of the back ressy on the master cylinder, and then the back off the front with one of the adjustable valves?

Question 3, I'm in the process of putting the 12" brake kit on my car, What master cylinder should i go with or do i even need to change it?

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Fast Lane Racing said:
Socketless. are you talking about the aeroquipt stuff? i used that stuff for the fuel line, but i wouldn't think it would work for brakes.
how much pressure will that line hold before leaking since you don't have to clamp anything?

Question 2, I've got disk brakes on the back now. Can i get rid of the proportioning valve, run the fronts off of the back ressy on the master cylinder, and then the back off the front with one of the adjustable valves?

Question 3, I'm in the process of putting the 12" brake kit on my car, What master cylinder should i go with or do i even need to change it?

Whoops, didn't notice you said brakes.

As far as brakes go, if I had to do it again, I'd probably do hardline between the master and the rear block, and braided from there out. Your best bet is to buy premade lines for this.

A

Anonymous

Fast Lane Racing said:

somebody correct me if i'm wrong but

#1 always use steel line except at the flex points

#2 get rid of the prop valve and use brass fittings and an aftermarket prop valve, everybody iv'e talked to has said the stock valve won't send enough pressure for the rear calipers to work

#3 go with a disc/disc mastercyl for the best results, otherwise you won't get the proper fluid pressure once again, one from a buick riviera is what i plan to use on my 81 regal with 12" front and either 11" or 12" rear disc.

A

Anonymous

where would i be able to get premade lines that long

I am tring to keep from piecing 3 pieces together, and in my opinion, they never look as good as they did factory, as far as being tucked away. and bent correctly.

wiseman79

Top Fueler
Dec 18, 2004
Central Virginia
www.performancetech.net
You can buy bulk braided line by the foot, and crimp your own ends. I just don't know enough about this to consider doing. I've seen braided line from the MC to the combo valve alot, and I think it looks really cool as long as you're not sacrificing performance or safety.

A

Anonymous

yeah, it looks good, but i don't want to chance losing my brakes.
and i don't wanna have to worry about leaks either.

78_Elky

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2005
Oregon
smlblk78.onlineshowoff.com
I think dixie monte carlo has the hard lines, prebent or at least with the fittings, I haven't looked in a while but that is where I was going to get mine from.
-Josh

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!