braided stainless brake hose kit

78_Elky

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2005
Oregon
smlblk78.onlineshowoff.com
Sorta related I just bought the replacement rubber hoses for my elky, I know they aren't stainless but I went to put them on this week and for the life of me I can't get the old ones to break loose of the hard lines, and am not sure how the retainer clips work that they are mounted to, if anyone has any ideas or advice let me know I am really scared that I would ruin the hard line and then I'd be SOL and really stuck. :?

BTW wiseman79 I like the caliper paint...nice way to add some flash to old cars like ours

-Josh

wiseman79

Top Fueler
Dec 18, 2004
Central Virginia
www.performancetech.net
You can use penetrating oil like PB blaster. Also if you're not using tubing wrenches, you'll need to or you'll likely round the nuts. If you get desperate you can use vise grips but you'll almost surely ruin the nut. I had the same issue when I did my brakes the time before this. I just replaced the hardline in the front. It's really not that bad to do, you can pull off the old line and get premade line of same or close to the same length at the parts store and bend to match. Or the better way is to invest in a double flaring tool for about $40 at sears and make the lines to fit exactly. Just be sure to get a DOUBLE flaring tool. As far as a tubing bender I just bend it by hand, just be careful not to kink it. This time around I replaced the hard lines from the master cylinder to the combo valve as seen below, it takes time getting it bent just so to meet up and you will cuss alot but it's worth it.
MC.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts