better brakeing....master cylinders

malibudave1978

Amateur Racer
Jun 8, 2004
Houston, TX
t01blaze said:
hijacked_sign.gif
Totally off topic.

Why do they use 3/16" front lines and a single 1/4" split to two 3/16" lines in the rear?

From what I heard, it was to make sure the rear line when to the rear brakes and the front lines went to the front brakes when the car was on the assembly line. Since there are two different inverted flare fitting sizes between the 3/16" line and the 1/4" line, they can only go into the master cylinder which has the corresponding inverted flare fitting size.

malibu795

Pro Stocker
Apr 17, 2005
spgfd ohio
malibudave1978 said:
t01blaze said:
hijacked_sign.gif
Totally off topic.

Why do they use 3/16" front lines and a single 1/4" split to two 3/16" lines in the rear?

From what I heard, it was to make sure the rear line when to the rear brakes and the front lines went to the front brakes when the car was on the assembly line. Since there are two different inverted flare fitting sizes between the 3/16" line and the 1/4" line, they can only go into the master cylinder which has the corresponding inverted flare fitting size.

At least on my Malibu... MC has a 1/2-20 boss and the front circuit has a 1/2-20 boss. One can buy 1/2-20 ends for lines 1/8" to 5/16"

Rear is a 5/8-18

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts