Axle bearings from China? (Moser bearings are from China.)

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
81classic said:
National & Timken, both US products
NOPE, A lot of Timken products are made in Mexico.

James Bond

Dragway Regular
Dec 26, 2005
Earth
china bearings suck..... if moser is using china bearings it means they care more about profit than quality. the last company i worked for switched all the product line bearings to china for that same reason......

2slow68

May 2, 2008
I have worked in the machine tool manufacturing industry for 35 years and have seen components from all over the world. A lot of US companies own factories in China. The company I work for has manufacturing facilities in Mexico, India, Korea, Japan, China and Europe as well as the US. Many companies import products to the US as unfinished goods and basically just rebrand and call it made in the USA. As long as some final operation is performed on the product here it's OK. From my experience, most of the product which originates in these foreign countries is excellent because it is US quality control making the decisions as to whether or not the product is acceptable and outlining and overseeing the manufacturing processes. Your Ford, Dodge and GM cars and trucks have parts made from all over the world. The Mexican made bearings most likely are assembled in Mexico but the races, rollers, balls and cages are imported from all over the world. I worked on a project with Timken Bearing 10 years ago as they were setting up a factory in Romania. Made in USA today could just mean it was put in a box here so don't be overly concerned because the origin of the raw material and subcomponents could be from anywhere.

78LS1bu

Feb 26, 2010
I move a freight train of Chrysler parts that come out of Mexico and go to Detriot. Guess where the 1st or 2nd largest shipping port is on the continental west coast?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts