Another seat mounting question++++UPDATE++++

Wile E

Dragway Regular
Aug 11, 2003
Central WISC
Re: Another seat mounting question

Yeah, I saw a pic of some late '80s Monte buckets. Looks like they have the correct tracks to match my split bench mounts. The search is on...

Wile E

Dragway Regular
Aug 11, 2003
Central WISC
Re: Another seat mounting question

Well, seems I just really enjoy making things much harder than they need to be...., The mounting holes on the S-10 seats I used were more narrow than my factory seats, about 2-1/2". I could have just moved my floor studs over to match the s-10 seats, but the seat cushion also sat about 4 inches higher than my old seats.. (makes sense being truck seats) Just mocking them up I was much to close to the headliner. So as long as I had to widen AND lower everything, this ( see pic) is what I did to my original tracks. Sectioned out about 1-1/2 of the height (outlined in orange) and then moved the mounting feet over to match my factory studs. Had to tack weld/test fit/cut-up and re-position the mounts until they were just right, took a while, had the seats in and out 6-7 times, but they now sit as they should. So....maybe there are some S-10 seats that fit without all the drama, but not the ones I found out of a 1993 s-10 Blazer (original interior)
p.s. I tried a set of tracks out of a 84 Elky with buckets, they were the same as my split bench tracks.
Swingset005-1.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts