Another seat mounting question++++UPDATE++++

Wile E

Dragway Regular
Aug 11, 2003
Central WISC
So here's the seats I plan to use. I read somewhere that s10 seats would fit with very little modification, ha, guess what..this set out of a '93 is not even close. I was going to swap the tracks, but the s10 seat bottoms are not as wide, and my original tracks (split bench) are rusty/ugly. Also, looks like my tracks would make the s10 seats sit a bit higher in the front. Looks like I'll have to weld something up either way, question is...modify the floor mounts or the seat tracks?
seats010.jpg

79Landau

Frequent Racer
Aug 28, 2005
Delhi Ontario,Canada
Re: Another seat mounting question

I heard that 60/40 tracks are different then bucket tracks... not 100% on that....just something I heard.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com

The seat tracks are not the same:
http://maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=98253&start=16

You need to try the correct seat tracks before you give up.

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI

I think you should find seat tracks for a bench seat or bucket seats. I installed bucket seats from a 93 S10 Blazer in my 78 El Camino using the El Camino bucket seat tracks. Doug

Wile E

Dragway Regular
Aug 11, 2003
Central WISC

OK so I'll need G body bucket seat tracks, I'm thinking the tracks must be simular, just the actual mounting holes/feet have a different offset. Yet... the floor mounts for a split bench or bucket car are the same. Is that correct?

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com

I believe the floor mounts are the same, but the seat mounting points are in a different 3-dimensional space for the split than the bucket.

Someone had electric tracks that had floor mount holes on either side of the center, as though they are the same for split and bucket.

Wile E

Dragway Regular
Aug 11, 2003
Central WISC

Well I'll see what I can dig up next salvage yard trip, otherwise I'll be getting the welder out.

Wile E

Dragway Regular
Aug 11, 2003
Central WISC

Now this is just getting annoying.....I thought split bench and bucket floor mounts were the same, even if the seat tracks were somehow different. So here is a picture I robbed off a current e-bay listing of bucket seat tracks, and the other pic is of a bench seat. The rear feet of the split bench has two mounting holes per track. Now look at the bucket feet. So...near as I can figure, I'm cutting off the feet sections of my old split bench and positioning (welding) them to my s10 tracks (not pictured) to match my floor mounts. Bottom line: Even G-body bucket seats will not directly bolt to the studs of a split bench car. Am I missing something?
KGrHqVlME2EO5unIGBNnOFE4yQg_3.jpg

s-10seats015.jpg

JuniorJ

Frequent Racer

Wile E said:
Now this is just getting annoying.....I thought split bench and bucket floor mounts were the same, even if the seat tracks were somehow different. So here is a picture I robbed off a current e-bay listing of bucket seat tracks, and the other pic is of a bench seat. The rear feet of the split bench has two mounting holes per track. Now look at the bucket feet. So...near as I can figure, I'm cutting off the feet sections of my old split bench and positioning (welding) them to my s10 tracks (not pictured) to match my floor mounts. Bottom line: Even G-body bucket seats will not directly bolt to the studs of a split bench car. Am I missing something?
KGrHqVlME2EO5unIGBNnOFE4yQg_3.jpg

s-10seats015.jpg

The split bench tracks have more of a gap between the rear mounting feet. If you look at your pic's you can see what I am talking about.

1980PontiacWagon

Frequent Racer
Feb 5, 2011
Northern Virginia

IF you get correct bucket seat tracks they will bolt up to the exhisting mounting locations from your split bench..I just put buckets in my wagon over the winter and didn't have to modify the tracks or the mounting locations at all.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts