AFR 290 roval ports w/ 2241's

AllMtR85SS

Weekend Racer
May 16, 2007
Rocky Hill, CT
www.candlracing.com
I'm ordering a set of the afr 290's and i was wondering if anyone is running those with the 2241's (its a gen 6 454 in an 85 monte ss)and if there was any fitment issue because the exhaust ports are supposedly raised up 1"... any input will help make or break. Thanks in advance.

WeekendWarrior

Frequent Racer
Nov 23, 2009
Stratford, CT
i dont know off hand, but when i went to make a set of 2455s work in my car, i had to do alot of cutting and re-routing of some tubes, because i have a set of brodix BB-2 heads with raised exhaust ports. i saw a bunch of people on here with the 2455s with mild denting, so i gave them a shot, but it was a pain in the end. let me know what happens, im interested lol

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
I'm pretty sure any raised exhaust port head will have collector to floorpan clearance issues with off the shelf headers. Most guys with a combo serious enough to have raised port heads go with Kooks or Lemons...

Tommy

WeekendWarrior

Frequent Racer
Nov 23, 2009
Stratford, CT
LS6 Tommy said:
I'm pretty sure any raised exhaust port head will have collector to floorpan clearance issues with off the shelf headers. Most guys with a combo serious enough to have raised port heads go with Kooks or Lemons...

Tommy

i agree, when i put my 2455s in, my body mounts were shot, and the collector was mighty tight to the floor

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts