9" WIDTH Question???

lilbowtie

Pro Stocker
Oct 5, 2004
Canton Mi.
Ten inch won't work on a Regal w/o sticking out of the wheel well not sure of others. Stability is more about the suspension and set up. Too many people run with not enough air pressure in the rear and it moves around.

juveteach

May 13, 2009
Concord NC
www.cabarrus.k12.nc.us
My car is a Pontiac Wagon. I like the look of a 10" wheel tucked under the fender. I think if I shorten the rearend by like an 1/2" each side, or maybe a 1". Then I could use b/s on wheels to make it work.

I felt for sure someone on here would have a definite answer to this question? Hopefully someone will be able to answer it.
Thanks for everyone's answer.

lilbowtie

Pro Stocker
Oct 5, 2004
Canton Mi.
Give Prairiehotroder a shout - I believe he did a nine in (stock length) with a frame notch and used 15 x 10 rims w/ 5.5 back space. Maybe someone w/ a wagon will pipe up and shed some light

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
narrowing the diff an inch or two is a waste of time. A 15x8 fits perfect with 3.5 or 4 " backspace and a 28 x 9 slick. A 15 x 10 fits perfect with a frame notch / mini tub and 5.5" backspace. Then use a 28 x 10.5 slick. Either combo can also use a 29.5 " tall slick. If you narrow the rearend you would just have to compensate on your backspacing. Also if you ever decide to sell the diff its better if its stock width. If you are doing a full back half then by all means narrow the diff and run a 14 x 32. I ran 9.94 at 136 on a 29.5 x 9 slick. A turbo car should easily go faster with a lighter motor up front (mine was BBC). The only reason to narrow a diff an inch or two is if you allready have some wheels you really want to use and they aren't the above listed sizes.
Brian

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts