9 inch width question

rodneypierce

Frequent Racer
Oct 9, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA
Hey guys. I have a question for you all. I'm looking at a 9 inch that Haas a width of 55 inches from Back plate to back plate. Will this fit under a stock rear framed car? No mini tubs. No frame notch.

I'm not sure what the stock width is from backing plate to backing plate. Or If I would even get enough wheel offset at this width.

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
stock g-body rearend width backing plate flanges is 52 3/8. The 9" that you have will likely have a different drum thickness as well. G-body drum thickness(called brake gap on axle order forms) is 2.8". If the drum thickness was the same then the difference would only be 2 5/8 total or 1 5/16 per side. Since g-bodies usually want a wheel back space of 3.5 or 4 inches then if you used that rearend you would want a back space of 5 5/16 or 4 13/16 if my math is right. I personally think i would pass on that rearend and get one thats built for your car.
Brian

rodneypierce

Frequent Racer
Oct 9, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA
A body rears appear to be 55.25 wide and they work OK. Im still waiting on pictures and more information, but the price is almost too good to pass up.

Jayz81ss

Amateur Racer
Jan 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
That width will work, It's a quarter inch shorter than a 12 bolt. An 8 inch rim with a 5 1/2 inch backspace should work.

The 7.5 from wheel mounting surface is 58"

The 68-72 12 bolt is 62.5"

Ask for the measurement from drum to drum

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts