New guy 79 factory 4 speed wagon.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
The original should be made of ABS, and it should be marked on the inside. I would hope the Brock shroud would also be marked on the inside as to what it is made of. If not, give them a call and ask...don't take "I don't know" for an answer...someone knows.

Do you have the fragments that were broken off? If so, you could glue them back together with ABS glue and then finish the outside so you can't see the repair. If you don't have the fragments, you would probably need another shroud to cut parts from and graft them to yours.

If you are not happy with the quality of the Brock shroud, keep looking for a used one from a Camaro or S10. It has been some years since I looked. Then, decide whether to use the OEM shroud and cut repair pieces from the Brock shroud, or return the Brock shroud and buy 2 used OEM shrouds (one to use and one to cut repairs from).

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Something else my brother pointed out, the couple marks on the top edge of the delete plate I never even noticed before. He thought maybe whoever broke into it thought there was a radio behind it and tried to pry it open with a screwdriver or something.
Stupid criminals suck. Perhaps you can color the marks with a black Sharpie and make it less noticeable.

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
stopped at the junkyard this morning on my way to work to get some more interior screws for my dodge truck project. Came across this 91 s10. Never see these old things in junk yards anymore. Being a 91 probably wouldn’t help me but I checked anyways. Automatic with tilt. All things considered, the interior wasn’t in very bad shape
IMG_8950.jpeg

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
No sir and the fella on the s10 forum never responded. Unless maybe there’s a rule where you can’t send private messages unless you have a certain number of posts or something and mine never went through?

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
No real updates as of late. Slowly doing the wiring. The column paint was delivered Friday. Out of curiosity I sprayed some on a white box and it seemed awfully bright but didn’t really check again after it dried. I gave the can to my column guy yesterday. Are you familiar with MSD ignitions at all?

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
I hope you get your column back soon. Have you considered getting the whole lot back and fixing it yourself?

Sorry, I have no experience with MSD ignitions. Perhaps start a new thread on the topic. Surely, others have experience and will chime in.

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
I personally didn’t even want to touch the column from the start lol. I just wanted to wire in a push button then got the whole “what are you some kind of redneck, it’ll be easy” speech from everyone. Now I remind everyone how easy this 1 year long column repair has been every chance I get.

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
Had the bezel off tonight messing with more wires. Looked down into the one vent and saw this pink and black wire. My brother said it’s nothing we did in the past as we never had the bezel all the way off. Any idea what that could be off the top of your head. I also spotted some spots behind the cluster where they didn’t paint the plastic very well at the factory all those years ago.
IMG_9012.jpeg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts