New guy 79 factory 4 speed wagon.

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
Right, yea that’s what I meant. I’ll get all of that ordered up tomorrow. I appreciate your help with that. The older stick shift parts like that are slightly out of my brothers wheelhouse but he was catching how worn out everything is

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
Everyone except for me is curious to know what this hole in the firewall was originally for? Re routed my Speedo cable completely due to all the slack I had. It’s extra far away from the exhaust now. When I ordered all of my linkages last night I didn’t know the correct term for the correct pins that hold them all together but I ordered 4 for a 64-72 Chevelle I think it was just to have on hand for $1.99 each. I’m hoping they’ll work in my application
IMG_8575.jpeg

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
Perfect thanks! Are you a member on any gbody/Malibu/monte Carlo groups on Facebook by chance?

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
No, I don't do Facebook apart from looking at Marketplace. It is Facebook that destroyed this forum. Someone in this forum started a Facebook group with the same name and most of the users left and went to Facebook. I prefer this type of forum.

Do you still have the reverse lamp harness?

I just realized that the factory T10 and Muncie didn't have a reverse lamp switch. The cars it was used in had a rod that connected to the steering column and the switch was on the steering column. The rod was used to force the transmission to be in Reverse in order to move the key to the Lock position. A collar on the steering column rotated, like putting a automatic column shifter in Park.

Since you have an aftermarket T10, does it come with a reverse lamp switch? If not, Corvettes with Muncies (probably pre 1969, when the key was still on the dash) had a switch that mounted to the outside of the transmission and was activated by the reverse shift lever. You may be able to make the same type of switch work on the T10 if you want to have operating reverse lamps.

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
Gotcha, I’ve never had a Facebook in my life but after you posted the detailed response to my first question last night about the clutch linkages my brother asked me if you had one so he could add you. The other member on here that I bought the shifter from (maliburacer I think his user name was) wired up some connectors for the reverse lights.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts