New guy 79 factory 4 speed wagon.

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
I have no idea but I don’t believe so. The carpet on the floor on the drivers side was wet today too I noticed? Is there anything special I need to know before attempting to remove that screw? I’ll maybe try to spray it down with some kroil or on blaster first????? Unless it’s so small that they don’t freeze up and break or screw the head up

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Based on the rust on the shaft, it may be a good idea to lube from the top and from the bottom and give it time. The base of the screw is female; it fits over a threaded stud on the end of the shaft.

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
Sounds good. Are you in a hurry for it at all? We just got hit pretty good with snow here in Ohio so I assume you’re about to get it too and you’re not driving the car lol. I’ll spray it down on Monday and let it sit a day or two and try to wiggle it out for ya if that’s ok. Anything else in there you need let me know.

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
Not a problem. I’ll be in touch on here. I check a handful of times every day

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
Just went out and sprayed down the screw. I’ll see if it comes loose tomorrow after the penetrating oil sits for a day

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
Is this about what you’re looking for? Can’t get a good picture of it.
IMG_8308.jpeg

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Yes, that is it. Thank you!!!

I just need the screw; I have a good knob.

I wonder if it can be taped to a piece of paper and put into a First Class envelope?

I will send you my address in a private message.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts