Wiring Switches and Relays HELP

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
LS6 Tommy said:
racecar77 said:
A Double Throw, Single Pole switch has two separate Normally Open (or Normally Closed) circuits that both open or close at the same time when you move the lever/push the button.
Wouldn't that be a Double Pole/Single Throw? :p

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
confused_swirl.gif confused_swirl.gif

WAIT!! I screwed up & said the same thing twice!! Lee had it more or less right the first time. The switch Lee described is a Single Pole, Triple Throw switch with the #2 terminal not used. On other words, it's a Single Pole, Double Throw with a dedicated "Off" position. A pole is the circuit, a throw is the number of switching actions the unit makes. you can have a Single Pole, Quadruple Throw switch. There's one "hot" (common) that can be switched to any one of 4 other loads, but only one of the loads can be energized at once.

The circuit I incorrectly described as Double Throw, Single Pole is actually a Double Pole, Single Throw switch. It is two separate circuits controlled by one lever or button, like a two pole breaker.

Thanks for pointing that out, Doober!!

Tommy

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
actually it should be a single/double throw double action quad contact.....if i remember correctly.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
slimbo5 said:
actually it should be a single/double throw double action quad contact.....if i remember correctly.

Whaaaa?? :lol:

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts